Terms & Conditions
- Modifications & Amendments
- All requests for modifications/amendments/date changes must be made by email to us. If you request a modification/amendment/date change Destination Chiang Mai will attempt to honor your request at no charge; however a modification/amendment/date change may attract an additional fee. Date-change requests and amendments are subject to availability. Destination Chiang Mai cannot guarantee the success of any date-change request.
- Destination Chiang Mai (or its partner operators) will endeavor to pick you up at the time and date detailed on your voucher and itinerary. Please check that all details on the voucher are correct. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure, tour dates and times are stated correctly and to their requirements, so please check the voucher carefully once issued.
- Tours and treks
At the time of booking you will be asked to pay either the full amount or 30 % deposit. Refunds will be made in the form of a refund by PayPal or Bank Transfer:
Cancellation 10+ days prior to tour departure – you will lose 10% of the amounts we hold plus an additional refund fee of 500 Baht will be deducted. Cancellation within 10 days prior to tour departure – no refund will be made. All requests for refunds must be made by email to us.
f you have booked hotels with your tours through Destination Chiang Mai At the time of booking you deposit amount will include 1 night accommodation charge for the hotel. You will be refunded as follows:
Cancellation 10+ days prior to arrival – we will not levy any further cancellation fees other than those stated above clause 2.0.1). Cancellation within 10 days prior to tour departure -We will levy a further cancellation fee of one nights accommodation charge for each room booked this is in addition to the cancellation fees above clause 2.0.1).
- Tours and treks
- Pricing & Inclusions/Exclusions
Prices listed on Chiangmai-tours.net are per person, unless otherwise specified. All prices are listed in Thai baht.
We do not guarantee any price quoted in a currency other than Thai Baht. If you request a quote in another currency other than Thai Baht then this is subject to change depending on the prevailing exchange rate until full payment has been made. Price quotations are subject to change without notice, until a booking has been confirmed and at least 30% deposit has been made.
Outlying hotels may incur extra charges, if you have not notified us otherwise the quote and price will be based on the assumption that your hotel is located centrally. If you notify us after payment of an outlying hotel we reserve the right to increase the price to cover the extra expense of picking you up from on out of town or outlying resort.
- Airport, train, bus station and hotel transfers
Destination Chiang Mai will endeavor to pick you up promptly at the designated airport, bus or train station according to the arrival information you provide to us. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that the correct arrival information is provided to us and must clearly state at which airport, bus station, ferry port or train station and provide flight number and arrival time (in 24 hour format). If you arrival transport is more than 2 hours late Destination Chiang Mai reserves the right to cancel the transport/transfer service and the transfer fee will be forfeited by the customer. For hotel pickups and transfers it is the client’s responsibility to provide the full name and full address of the hotel. If you only provide the hotel name then we will search on-line for an address of your stated hotel but please note that it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure we have the correct address. We will provide the hotel address on the payment request email please check that that we have the correct address before proceeding with payment. Destination Chiang Mai must be informed of your hotel name and address at least 48 hours before your tour scheduled departure time, if you do not inform us at least 48 hours in advance we cannot guarantee that you will be picked up at the time indicated on your itinerary.
- Timing and Curtailment
- Destination Chiang Mai will endeavor to complete your stated itinerary in the allotted time, however in rare circumstances (usually due to heavy traffic, traffic hold ups or the pace of the group) It is possible that the stated itinerary cannot be completed. In such circumstances no refund or part refund will be mandatory. Destination Chiang Mai will endeavor to complete your written itinerary but we cannot guarantee that we include any requests for further attractions which are not stated on the written itinerary.
- All stated return times are approximate and represent the average time a tour will return to your hotel. Actual return times can be earlier or later than the times stated depending on factors such as hotel location, traffic conditions, pace of the tour, additional options taken etc. On occasions the tour can return significantly later than the time stated on the itinerary (please bare this in mind if planning activities after the tour).
- Hotel Bookings
For hotels booked by Destination Chiang Mai: Destination Chiang Mai will not be responsible for the quality of any services offered at the hotel and the quality of the hotel accommodation and Destination Chiang Mai will not be liable for any financial compensation to the customer if the hotel does not meet their expectations. Any refunds for unused nights or no shows at hotels will be in accordance with the hotels own cancellation policy and refunds will also be subject to Destination Chiang Mai’s own handling charges.
- Balance payments
Please note for the balance payment in Chiang Mai we will require payment in cash as we will have no credit card processing facilities on the minibus. If you prefer to settle the balance payment before in Chiang Mai before the date of the tour we can accept credit card payment at our office. Please let Destination Chiang Mai know and the appropriate arrangements will be made (please note that balance payments made by credit card online will be subject to a 1% surcharge, there are no online credit card charges for the deposit payment)